DIOGENES – Digital Storytelling to foster critical thinking on gender stereotypes
Diogenes aims at promoting –in particular through innovative and integrated approaches– gender equality, non-discrimination and social inclusion.
Specifically, the project goal is to address the difficulty that students have to activate information processing in a critical way, regarding a sensitive topic as gender equality. Moreover, it aims to promote- in particular through innovative integrated approaches- shared values, equality, social inclusion, diversity and non-discrimination.
Through the implementation of the activities the Diogenes Project aims to obtain the following results:
- Updating of teachers’ skills on basic concepts of gender difference and elements of critical thinking
- The acquisition by teachers of a path made of Laboratory activities to stimulate critical thinking regarding the issue of gender difference.
- The ability, also by the teachers, to apply and experiment with the above mentioned techniques within a class
- The ability to transfer these skills to other fellow teachers who intend to experiment the above techniques in their class.
- The acquisition, by teachers, of community engagement tools to trigger a school / family alliance and raise awareness on the issue of gender difference
- An initial change by pupils of the perception they have about gender difference and about a more critical and aware use of social media.
- An awareness by parents of the most appropriate attitudes to adopt in influencing their children
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.